Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

SURGERY DAY - 9/17/2012

SURGERY DAY - 9/17/2012

(picture taken the day after - I think...)

My procedure lasted 4 hours, my recovery lasted a bit longer. My former no issues with anesthesia didn't quite work out this time. Noted!

The devise in the picture (device sounds better than cup) :) was a pressure bandage and also provided much needed protection. It was kept on for 2 days and afterwards as I needed it.

After the two days I was permitted to removed it. There was quite a bit of swelling, actually A LOT of swelling on that side for a couple days. Cheek, under eye.. of course I had a lovely black eye for a while.

Because everyone heals differently I wasn't sure how to judge time off from work. I tried going back a week from my surgery. For me, it was too soon.

My surgeon did a fabulous job on the incision - very clean and the stitches precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them. If you have a question I will do my best to answer and can do so via email or here.

Be kind... do not leave self promoting comments as they will be removed.

Have a fabulous day.
KJ