Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

When did this start...

My hearing loss all started when I was 25 and had Pneumonia. I came out of it and noticed a marked difference in what I was hearing (or otherwise - no hearing)   I immediately went to an audiologist.  The hearing test outcomes were as if I were in a war - both sides had a significant change and were oddly even in the loss. Over the past 21 years it has progressively gotten worse (I was told this would happen) to where I've had to shift the types of jobs I've had.  I was so very gradual and through that time I became very adapt to lip reading.  So much so that many people did not know that I was hard of hearing. 

I have normal to profound Progressive Sensorineural Hearing Loss - most of my mid and all of my high tones gone. My bass sounds are fabulous. 

My right ear is now fitted with the CI, my left has 12% and is also eligible for CI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them. If you have a question I will do my best to answer and can do so via email or here.

Be kind... do not leave self promoting comments as they will be removed.

Have a fabulous day.
KJ